Wednesday, June 10, 2015

First Day Back - Wed June 10th

Today is my first day back after two weeks of Vacation. (Funny to wake up eleven months into my first year and realize it'd probably be a good idea to take some time off!) Mostly stay-cation but it was capped off by an absolutely fantastic time "Up North" in Minocqua as guests at the cabin of our dear friends the Adams. Lots of pine trees, loon calls, amazing night sky, bass fishing, eating yummy food, kid's laughter, friendship-in-Jesus and God's goodness.

So what did I do on my first day back?

  • Morning trip to Dunkies (a.k.a. Dunkin Donuts) for much-needed caffeine. 
  • Early 8:30am meeting with a parishioner to handle loose-ends for their Wedding this Friday.
  • Replied to two weeks worth of e-mails and returned phone-calls for the rest of the morning.
  • Prepared next week's 1 Year Bible Reading Plan.
  • Taco Bell for lunch. Don't judge me.
  • Went out to the car to go to Willowfield to discover a dead battery. My Parish Admin Roberta kindly loaned me her wheels. 
  • 2pm - Celebrated the Eucharist, preached & made pastoral visitation at Willowfield Nursing Home.
  • Prepared this week's News from the Red Doors (e-news).
  • 4pm - One hour drive to monthly Commission on Mission & Development. Stopped at Dunkies. Had a great conversation en route with my dear brother Fr. Brendan Kimbrough, we were fellow Church-planters in the Diocese of Dallas. 
  • Dousman Farmer's Market was at St. Mary's. Bought pottery from the Director of our diocesan Haiti Project.
  • 5-9pm - Commission on Mission & Development:  I love the work we do. Looking at how best to equip, support and grow congregations in the Episcopal Diocese of Milwaukee. Great people. Great ministry. 
  • One hour drive home listening to 1st and 2nd Timothy. Good to be reminded of my calling as an elder / presbyter / priest. 
  • Longer day than normal but a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment